Advances in artificial intelligence (AI) technology mean that driver monitoring systems (DMS) are at the forefront of solutions for combatting distracted driving. A DSM is used to identify distracted driving behaviours and alert the driver in real-time so they can correct accordingly – a proactive measure to encourage safer driving habits.
As improving safety standards of fleets becomes an increasing focus for fleet operators, many are utilising the latest AI technology to protect drivers, other road users and pedestrians. DMS technology can be used as both an ‘on-the-spot’ training tool to prompt safer driving habits – and when paired with a fleet management platform safety goals and areas needing improvement can be identified.
According to research by the AA Charitable Trust, 1 in 8 UK drivers admit to falling asleep at the wheel, and with a quarter of fatal crashes being sleep related – tiredness is a huge risk to road safety. Also, research from THINK! shows that drivers using a mobile phone are four times more likely to be in a crash.
Motormax has developed a range of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning solutions designed to improve fleet safety and efficiency. AI technology can assist both drivers and operators. Solutions are designed to improve driver visibility and eliminate blind spots, detect and alert drivers of potential collision hazards. Our latest solution leverages the power of fleet AI to continuously monitor driver behaviour.
DRIVER SAFETY MONITOR(DSM)
- Monitor can be installed onto the dashboard or A Pillar
- Detects fatigue, smoking, distraction, mobile phone usage, seat belt not engaged
- AI powered solution sends timely alerts to drivers
- Real-time event data is sent via email to fleet operators
- Event footage can automatically be added to the ‘Evidence Centre’ allowing for footage to easily be reviewed
- Fleet operators can download event data to generate driver training programmes
- Plug DSM straight into a DVR – no extra box required
- Link DSM with Safetymax for spoken voice audio
For more information please visit www.motormax.co.uk